When evaluating enterprise software buyers will typically take three paths:
- A free trial or demo: We’ve always encouraged our buyers to take the free trial, and not just on a basic app but something that will truly test our unique features.
- Reviews: We might not be silicon valley’s poster child, but we lead the pack on every major review site by a long way.
- Analyst feedback: For 7 years in a row we have been named a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader. Our DevOps driven digital transformation was recently covered by Forrester in this case study.
Dynatrace Reviews: we lead the pack on all major review sites
It’s a lot to read through every single review so for convenience I have summarised:
- Dynatrace is the leader on every major review site
- Most of the reviews focus on ‘easy‘, ‘data quality‘, ‘AI‘.
- Dynatrace is recognised for rapid release cycles – 26 per year, where as our competition is lucky to have 4 major releases.
- Dynatrace Services and Support teams are top notch.
Gartner Peer Insights
IT Central Station
At the time of publication, The IT Central Station leader board showed:
- CA APM was leading with a user rating of 8.2 and 91 reviews
- Dynatrace 2nd with a user rating of 9.1 and 82 reviews.
Whilst we wait for this leaderboard to be updated I can update you that:
- Dynatrace is the leader with 149 reviews and a user rating TBC
- CA APM went backwards with 88 reviews not 91
I’ll update this post once IT Central station has updated their leaderboard, but no question we will be leading.
- G2 crowd uses a quadrant grid.
Dynatrace leads against traditional APM competition
Customer quotes that define the value of Dynatrace
As I read through all the quotes I hear a common thread:
- It’s easy to install and fully automatic
- The dashboarding is out of the box
- The data is powerful and yet easy to understand
- The software is simply invaluable
- Our services and support team have a fantastic reputation
- The negatives are pricing and the learning curve.
- Our new platform was designed to make it easy for you to adopt, SAP had over 1400 users adopt our software in 3 months. Not bad at all.
- On pricing I will take the feedback on board in order to help new prospects understand our pricing model. But of course you get what you pay for. We are #1 for a reason, and we try and be fair in our pricing model to ensure it’s economical for you and for us to continue to make it!
A summary of customer quotes
What are you waiting for? Take the trial
In the word’s of Mark Kaplan;